Almos Bay Outpost
Explore Almos Bay Outpost Virtual Tour
Welcome to our Almos Bay outpost. This outpost, situated on the very farthest Northwest corner of Smoothrock Lake (24,000 acres), offers some of the most unbeatable walleye, northern, and lake trout fishing in the Wabakimi Wilderness Provincial Park.
We have recently made several updates to this location including:
- new (state of the art) solar system
- hardwood floors
- new shower
- larger screened-in porch
- and even more
- Air transportation to and from outpost camp.
- Boater Safety Checklist, training, and certificate as required by Canadian law.
- Boat, motor, paddles, bailer, boat seats, cushions, anchor, emergency boat kit, and life jackets.
- Minnow buckets.
- Gas for outboards.
- Propane for cabin and BBQ grill.
- Beds and bunks.
- Radio or satellite phone.
- Ax or saw.
- Cleaning supplies.
- First aid kit.
- BBQ (propane) and fish cooker.
- Drinking water or provision for boiling water for drinking, ice and ice trays.
- Wood stove.
- Refrigerator / freezer.
- Cooking range.
- Dishes, glasses, pots, pans, and utensils.