Machawaian Lake Outpost
Preparing for your Adventure
Machawaian Lake, which was new to Thunderhook in 2016 turned out to be a customer favorite. This outpost located North of Ontario's landmark Albany River system provided our guests with incredible fishing throughout the summer. It is very common to catch hundreds of walleyes over 23" and many trophy pike during a week of fishing.
For those not familiar with "Mach", here is a little more information about the camp. Mach is located 118 miles north of our airbase. It is a sprawling lake hosting many bays, humps and plenty of scenery. As well as being our farthest North camp, Mach is also our third largest lake to fish behind Smoothrock and Shabuskwia. At Mach you can find two fully equipped cabins each sleeping 8 fishermen as well as a fully equipped screen porch with grills, fish cookers and everything else you need to enjoy your catch.
- new (state of the art) solar system
- hardwood floors
- new shower
- larger screened-in porch
- and even more
- Air transportation to and from outpost camp.
- Boater Safety Checklist, training, and certificate as required by Canadian law.
- Boat, motor, paddles, bailer, boat seats, cushions, anchor, emergency boat kit, and life jackets.
- Minnow buckets.
- Gas for outboards.
- Propane for cabin and BBQ grill.
- Beds and bunks.
- Radio or satellite phone.
- Ax or saw.
- Cleaning supplies.
- First aid kit.
- BBQ (propane) and fish cooker.
- Drinking water or provision for boiling water for drinking, ice and ice trays.
- Wood stove.
- Refrigerator / freezer.
- Cooking range.
- Dishes, glasses, pots, pans, and utensils.